Halfway moved in!

Yesterday was a looooooong day. I have photos of my food from Friday, but when I got home, the ex had disconnected internet so I couldn’t post. There are no photos from yesterday. It was a most unhealthy day, and not in the overeating way, in the not eating or drinking way. I started off with a coffee and mini scone from Starbucks, then I volunteered for 3 hours at a race. Then I came home and had a meltdown because no one was helping me move, my mom was running 2 hours late with the truck, and my ex was at the house, not helping clean but wanting a set of sheets and comforter that were already packed. I was crying and posted a frantic Facebook status about needing help, which caused two friends to offer to come over after work/appointments, but nothing else. So two of my friends from Sacramento drove down (a FOUR HOUR round trip) to help us load. Then I cried out of gratitude.

My mom arrived at 12 and we picked up the truck. From that point on, I was stuck…either loading, picking up vehicles, etc. There was no food or a microwave or anything at my house. I kep forgetting to drink my water.

At around 4, someone went to get food. Crackers, cheese, tomatoes, and bananas. I had some of each. Little did I know, that would be my only food till 9 pm.

We then caravanned to house #1 and dropped off my stuff there. After that were again caravanned. I was starving but couldn’t do anything about it! My mom was grouchy and was giving me a guilt trip about her boyfriend who had only had 1 hour of sleep and was driving the moving truck and too bad that I was hungry because we just had to get home. I finally convinced her to let me drive ahead and pick up Papa Murphy’s pizza and meet them at the house.

Got home at 9 pm with two uncooked pizzas. Scarfed some Halloween candy (I mean, seriously, I was going to eat whatever there was) and cooked the pizzas. At 9:30, I finally got food. We moved the bed and the cat in, and I got to sleep at 11 pm.

I was bad with water all day and was totally dehydrated. I’m working on that this morning. Had eggs and potatoes for breakfast. Loaded the truck with stuff from this house. Had leftover pizza for lunch. And now it’s about time we finish the job – the rest of my stuff is now bound for a storage unit. But here’s Jasmine sitting on my tummy in our new room at house #2 (mom’s house):

2 Comments (+add yours?)

  1. Aby
    Nov 01, 2009 @ 22:12:19

    I hope the rest of your moving went alright, Holly! Moving sucks under the best circumstances; I can’t even imagine how it must have been for you.


  2. Jeannine
    Nov 02, 2009 @ 18:02:57

    So sorry I couldn’t be there to help! Poor Jasmine looks exhausted, too 😦 Can’t wait to see you on the 14th!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: